Regional Livestock Development and Planning Grant Program
The North Dakota Department of Agriculture (NDDA) Regional Livestock and Planning Grant Program is a grant program to assist counties and regional planning councils in livestock development planning. Uses include site analysis, coordinating strategic planning, and accommodating and encouraging investment in livestock production.
The strategic plan should identify suitable locations for rural economic development, including animal feeding operations, agricultural processing and storage facilities, and other agricultural related development.
The following factors must be considered when identifying suitable locations for rural economic development:
- Local zoning and land use regulations;
- State permitting requirements; and
- Availability of infrastructure and natural resources necessary to accommodate rural economic development projects.
Grants awarded under this section are:
• Up to $12,000 for every county
• Up to $500 for every township