The goal of biosecurity is to protect people, animals and plants from diseases and contaminants. Taking basic precautions can keep people and animals healthy.
- Common-sense steps prevent contamination and the spread of diseases from:
- Visitors, employees and other people
- Pets, livestock, birds, wildlife, rodents and other pests
- Vehicles and transportation equipment
- Tools and equipment
- Carcasses, manure, litter and bedding
- Shared feed and water sources
Biosecurity Templates, Continuity of Business Planning and additional information how to protect yourself from a disease outbreak are available from Secure Food Supply program websites:
Biosecurity at Fairs, Events and Exhibitions
Dr. Sarah Bailey, DVM, MPH, CPH, DACVPM
Assistant State Veterinarian
State Board of Animal Health
600 E Boulevard Ave.
Bismarck, ND 58505-0020