BISMARCK – The North Dakota Department of Agriculture (NDDA) is holding Farm to School meetings across the state over the next two months as part of an effort to improve access to local foods in schools by developing a stronger and more sustainable Farm to School program in the state.
“The enhanced Farm to School program will increase the amount of locally produced foods served through child nutrition programs,” Agriculture Commissioner Doug Goehring said. “Serving North Dakota food products grown by our farmers and ranchers and processed by local businesses will also help children learn how their food is raised and produced. We invite both producers and school personnel to attend a meeting.”
NDDA and the North Dakota Department of Public Instruction will be on hand during the meetings to answer any questions. Travel reimbursement is available for attendees traveling 60 miles or more round trip.
The meeting schedule and registration links are as follows:
- Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2023, from 3:30 – 5:00 pm at the Jamestown Gladstone Inn, 111 2nd St. NE in Jamestown. Register at www.ndsu.ag/f2s1.
- Monday, Nov. 20, 2023, from 6:30 – 8:00 pm at the Williston Research Extension Center, 14120 U.S. Rte. 2 in Williston. Register at www.ndsu.ag/f2s2.
- Tuesday, Nov. 21, 2023, from 6:30 – 8:00 pm at the Dickinson Research Extension Center, 1041 State Ave. in Dickinson. Register at www.ndsu.ag/f2s3.
- Tuesday, Dec. 5, 2023, from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm at the Gateway to Science Innovation Space, 1600 Canary Ave. in Bismarck. Register at www.ndsu.ag/f2s4.
- Monday, Dec. 11, 2023, from 6:30 – 8:00 pm at the Spirit Lake Casino and Resort, 7889 ND-57 in St. Michael. Register at www.ndsu.ag/f2s5.
A virtual option will be available in Williston and Dickinson. For further questions and travel reimbursements, contact Katrina Hanenberg at 701-328-2659 or firstname.lastname@example.org.